Host City

Abu Dhabi has transformed the desert to a globally connected city of the future, where vision and ambition are celebrated

Abu Dhabi is the largest and most populated of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates, home to over 80% of its landmass. The emirate's population is approximately 3 million. Across the UAE, Emirati citizens make up nearly 20% of the total population, with the other 80% being expatriates from Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe and North America.

Abu Dhabi recognised as one of the safest cities on earth, Abu Dhabi's virtually crime-free environment and well-organised emergency services will bring you peace of mind and a relaxing stay.



A number of factors make the UAE uniquely positioned to hold a global event such as Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week.


The UAE has demonstrated its commitment to advancing sustainability and clean energy by leveraging the latest advancements in technology and research and development and establishing effective and supportive policies. The UAE was the first country in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) to address sustainability. Through its Vision 2021 agenda and its Green Growth Strategy, the UAE has one of the most progressive sustainable development strategies within the region. The country is also committed to the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and has established a series of funds and initiatives to work towards these goals both at national and international levels.



The UAE’s commitment to sustainability and the innovative technologies it is implementing


The UAE has a rich legacy of supporting sustainability, which is reflected in the vision of the UAE’s founding father, His Highness Sheikh Zayed, who was committed to accelerating social, economic and political sustainability. This sprit has underpinned everything the UAE has done and shaped its ambitious yet sensible policies and national goals, particularly its efforts to diversify the economy in order to remain adaptable and agile and thrive in a changing world.

Learn More

Future progress

The UAE Centennial 2071, announced in 2018, is the UAE’s roadmap to transforming the country into a knowledge-based economy over the next 50+ years. This roadmap follows more than a decade of concerted efforts from the UAE leadership to guide the nation towards a path of continuing progress and prosperity.

Learn More